Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:6, NLT
What does this verse mean to you? How do you seek God’s will in all you do? How does He show you which path to take? How do you discern God’s will? What role does the counsel of wise people play in your decisions? What role does the Bible play in your decisions? How do you ensure that your decisions are based on God’s Word and biblical principles? What do you do when your feelings get in the way of making a godly choice?
How can you use this verse in your writing:
- What kind of nonfiction piece can you write?
- What tips would you offer in a how-to article?
- What story can you tell in a personal experience piece? What take-away value can you give?
- How can you use this verse to inspire fiction?
- How can you use this verse to inspire poetry?
- Do you know someone who lives out this verse? Can you interview them and write a personality profile on the?
- How can you explain this verse to children? What kind of children’s story can you write? What kind of nonfiction piece can you write for children?
- What kind of devotion can you write on this verse?
- How can you apply this verse to writing about marriage, parenting, singleness, relationships, school, career, work, trusting God, God’s sovereignty, impatience, anxiety, finances, prayer, etc.?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV
How have you learned to trust in the Lord with all your heart? What happened when you followed your way and ignored God’s way? How do you acknowledge Him in all your ways? How do you commit everything you do to the Lord? How does He guide you? When was a time when God guided you and you saw blessings? How have you seen this verse touch your life?
How can you use your insights in a personal experience piece? In a how-to article? In fiction? In a meditation/devotional? In poetry? In a children’s story?
How can you use it in a piece about prayer? About trusting God? About God’s guidance?