Category Archives: snowstorm
I live in the Chicagoland area. At about 8 p.m. on Saturday night, it started to snow, and it didn’t stop until sometime in the middle of Sunday night. On Monday, I was snowed in – literally. I couldn’t get out of either my front or back door and my car was buried. I finally made it out at about 4 p.m. My neighbor had to help me open my back gate. And, the snow was so heavy on my car that I felt anxious about it. Years ago, a family friend died shoveling snow and a relative died while cleaning off her car from a heavy snow.
It got me thinking. I see a lot of writing ideas in my experience:
- children’s articles on snow and winter
- a children’s story about a snow day
- a how-to article about dealing with “killer” snow with tips and insights
- a how-to article about building relationships with neighbors
- a personal experience piece about dealing with anxiety
- a devotion about dealing with anxiety
That’s a lot from one experience.
What about you? What was your most memorable snowstorm experience? What writing ideas can you come up with? Please comment. Your insights may inspire others.