Seeds of Truth: John 14:13
“You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.”
John 14:13, NLT
What does this verse mean to you? What does it say about prayer? What about when God doesn’t answer a prayer the way you think He should? How do you respond to an answered prayer? How do you respond to an unanswered prayer? How can you bring glory to God through prayer? Through answered prayer? Through unanswered prayer?
How Can You Use This Verse in Your Writing?
- What kind of nonfiction piece can you write?
- What tips would you offer in a how-to article?
- What story can you tell in a personal experience piece? What takeaway value can you give?
- How can you use this verse to inspire fiction?
- How can you use this verse to inspire poetry?
- Do you know someone who lives out this verse? Can you interview them and write a personality profile on them?
- How can you explain this verse to children? What kind of children’s story can you write? What kind of nonfiction piece can you write for children? For teens?
- What kind of devotion can you write on this verse?
- How can you apply this verse to writing about the prayer, healing, illness, salvation of loved ones, marriage, parenting, pregnancy, singleness, relationship struggles, work, finances, unemployment, trusting God, God’s sovereignty, current events, fear, discouragement, weakness, courage, hope, forgiveness, anger, anxiety, patience, grief, persecution, trials, etc.?
- What other issues can you apply this verse to?
Posted on May 17, 2017, in anxiety, Bible, children, courage, current events, emotional health, faithfulness, family relationships, fiction, finances, forgiveness, grief, health, illness, inspiration, inspiring Bible verses, interview, love, marriage, news, nonfiction, parenting, persecution of Christians, poetry, prayer, pregnancy, relationships, salvation, singleness, work, writer's life, writing, writing ideas, writing prompt and tagged children's stories, courage, creativity, current events, devotions, encouragement for writers, family, fiction, fiction ideas, forgiveness, grief, health issues, how-to articles, inspiration, interviewing, nonfiction, parenting, persecuted church, personal experience pieces, personality profile, poetry, prayer, salvation, work, writing, writing for children, writing ideas. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.