Seeds of Truth: Psalm 39:7
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7, NLT
What do you need hope for? What does it mean that our only hope is in the Lord? How can we live every day with our hope in the Lord? In what other things do we try to put our hope? What happens? How do these things give us false promises? How do we know we can truly entrust our hope to the Lord? What does a life of hope look like?
How Can You Use This Verse in Your Writing?
- What kind of nonfiction piece can you write?
- What tips would you offer in a how-to article? What tips can you offer?
- What story can you tell in a personal experience piece? What takeaway value can you give?
- How can you use this verse to inspire fiction?
- How can you use this verse to inspire poetry?
- Do you know someone who lives out this verse? Can you interview them and write a personality profile on them?
- How can you explain this verse to children? What kind of children’s story can you write? What kind of nonfiction piece can you write for children? For teens?
- What kind of devotion can you write on this verse?
- How can you apply this verse to writing about marriage, parenting, singleness, relationship struggles, school, work, unemployment, trusting God, God’s sovereignty, hope, health issues, national disasters, politics, anxiety, patience, grief, finances, prayer, persecution, salvation of loved ones, trials, etc.?